Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Armstrong - Camping along the Clackamas River



These Girls!

Andy, Christy and Luella Sweany joined us for a lovely camping trip at Armstrong Campground in Mount Hood National Forrest.  We had a beautiful campsite and it was a great weekend to hang out, play with Lu and Maddy and enjoy the Clackamas River.  Saturday morning, Christy and the girls put together a nature based scavenger hunt for Steve, Andy and my enjoyment which was fun for all of us.  The weather was nice, but the river was cold.  Being from Minnesota and growing up on Lake Superior, I enjoyed it more than the others, but it was chilly even for me.  A camper had spend quite some time creating hot-tub like areas in the river itself, which I thought was a brilliant idea.  I'm sure the force of the water will not allow them to last, but for the day, it was great.

We hiked, roasted marshmallows, the girls biked, I swam, we scavenger-hunted, I climbed a monster hill just because, and we all thoroughly enjoyed our camping weekend!



Andy and Christy








Awesome "Cold Tub" built into the river

Playtime!

Mmmmmmarshmallows


Happy Camper


Enjoying the river - right after seeing a swimming snake!




Luella trying to make Grumpy Maddy smile
Silly faces can make anyone cheer up!

No comments:

Post a Comment