Sunday, April 17, 2016

Easter Trip to Minnesota - Part I: Up North


Minnesota White Easter

Since we hadn't been to Minnesota since last July we decided it was time for another trip, this time over Easter.  We took and early morning flight and arrived the Tuesday before Easter and Steve's dad picked us up from the airport. That evening we had dinner at the Pool and Yacht Club with Steve's parents and stayed at their house.  The next morning Steve, Maddy and I stopped at my Minneapolis U.S. Bank office so I could say hello to my co-workers (and they had a pot luck brunch for me!) before we headed up north to my parent's home.

We visited with my parents from Wednesday until Saturday morning and had a great time!  We packed in as much fun as possible, decorating Easter Cookies and eggs, making a family recipe together Pot Pie (depression era soup with large square homemade noodles, potatoes and salt pork), and Maddy and Granddad making blueberry Easter themed pancakes (just to name a few!).  We also headed to Bayfield on Thursday to spend time with GG (Grama Shirley) and the Johnson clan.  Steve and I had watched an episode of "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" on Food network a few weeks earlier and had seen Delta Diner on the show - and I realized it was near where we used to have a cabin (between Duluth and Bayfield).  We took a small detour to look at the old cabin, then had brunch at Delta Diner - it was worth the stop! Fun atmosphere and good food!

Our visit in Bayfield was great, hanging out with GG at her home for awhile, then Jared (my cousin) and his daughter Jemma came over too.  My mom and I stopped at Anna (Jared's wife) newly remodeled spa as we had not seen it yet, then everyone gathered at the Pier Plaza for a late lunch.  It was nice to see everyone and sit down and have a chance to catch up.

It was a wonderful first leg of the trip!  Saturday morning we headed to the cities for the second part of our vacation.


Easter Cookie Art
Counting Bunnies in the House with Granddad

Breakfast at the Delta Diner

Coloring with GG
Me, Grandmom, GG, Maddy and Jemma


GG, Marnie and silly Maddy

Lunch at the Pier with the Johnsons

Windy Family Photo in Bayfield

Granddad, Grandmom and Maddy

GG (Grama Shirley) and Maddy
Easter Pancakes (bunny and chick)

Yummy Breakfast!

Helping Grandmom Decorate (Ladybug Family)

Getting the Newspaper with Granddad and Gerta
 



Decorating Eggs!

Reading with Grandmom

No comments:

Post a Comment