Friday, March 21, 2014

Spring is in the Air



Happy Spring! We have been keeping busy and enjoying the glimpses of sunshine.  I love how early the flowers start to bloom here in Portland.  Daffodils arrive in late February/early March and the magnolias (my favorite!) are in full bloom.  Steve, Maddy and I have discovered that our house has daffodils out front!  Little surprises bring lots of smiles.

Maddy has been very busy lately making up songs and stories - she is a very creative, imaginative little girl (BIG girl in her opinion).  She is kind and thoughtful and also very stubborn, which causes grief once in awhile, but then again, she IS two-and-a-half (sometimes I need to remind myself of this).  Routine is important in our lives, but it's also nice that we can inch outside of our regimen once in awhile and Maddy handles it just fine.

Potty training is going much better, thank goodness, and accidents most days are few and far between.  We do still need to remind Maddy to try and go, but more often than not, she'll start yelling "I...have...to...go...pee!!" and then we run.  Most of the time we make it.

She is just a joy, and words cannot express how lucky we are to have such a wonderful daughter to love.


Maddy loves her tutu...

...but not quite as much as her bathrobe!

Dado and Rose go for a ride in the stroller

Silly Maddy!

Sporting the new Nike sandals!

Helping Mommy make St. Patty's Day cupcakes!

In the Fort



Madeline's new Tricycle!

Fun with Play Doh
 
One clean Maddy: Ready to brush teeth!


1 comment:

  1. Marnie talks about her stubbornness, but she knows how to pull at my heart strings. Every time I get frustrated with her, she looks up with a sweet face and says "I love you Daddy." How can I resist?

    ReplyDelete