Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Madeline and Santa 2012


We have been having a wonderful holiday season, taking advantage of all the events leading up to Christmas. After a little tickle from me, we got a good smile from Madeline for the annual photo with Santa, and we had a good (but cold!) time at Zoo Lights. One of my friends at work makes cute outfits/hats for her grandchildren, and I convinced her to let me buy a holiday hat and tutu off her hands for Maddy, since I just knew she'd love them. She did, and said "pretty!" when she looked in the mirror and saw her new outfit.

Maddy's school had their annual "Winter Fair" where they turn classrooms into little wonderlands, such as the Enchanted Forest, Ice Queen, Gnome Lair, and Wizard's Palace.  There was a puppet show, face painting (which Maddy tolerated quite well!), crafts for sale and yummy food to eat.  Maddy was a little shy and I think a little confused about the changes at her school, but we all had a fun lunch with her schoolmates.

I love this time of year and I enjoy sharing my holiday spirit with Madeline. 

Happy holidays to all of you! 

Happy little Santa -Maddy


Steve and Maddy at Zoo Lights



Pretty!
Goofy Maddy!


Maddy and her Santa Bear book

Winter Fair: Enchanted Forest
Waiting for the puppet show






1 comment: